TVSC Recommends a number of books for further studies to understand the practical and theoretical side of living economies, building communities, and urban villages.
Some of these books are in circulation at New London’s Public Library where TVSC has book shelving of donated books for the community.
- American Planning Associations, An Economic Develoment Toolbox (2008)
- Michael Adelman, Fields of Plenty (2005)
- Benjamin Barber, Consumed (2007
- Peter Barnes, Who Owns the Sky (2001), Capitalism 3.0 A Guide to Reclaiming the Commons (2006)
- Wendell Berry, Home Economics (1987) and The Unsettling of America (1977)
- Wendell Berry, What Matters? Economics for a Renewed Commonwealth (2010)
- Jane Jacobs, The Economy of Cities (1969)
- Donella H. Meadows, Thinking in Systems (2008)
- Peter Medoff & Holly Sklar, Streets of Hope; The Fall and Rise of an Urban Neighborhood (1994)
- E. F. Schumacher, Small Is Beautiful; Economies as if People Mattered (1973)
- Michael Shuman, Local Dollars, Local Sense; How to Shift Your Money from Wall Street to Main Street and Achieve Real Prosperity (2012)